Sunday, March 04, 2007

I am finally a youth . . .

I am finally a youth. . . .

Well. let me explain.
Our youth group loves to worship the Lord. They love songs that they can clap to or make hand motions to. Having been a youth sponsor for the last several years, I have become accustomed to this action as well. Camp Zenith is an awesome place to experience the youthful love of the Lord. It is great to see about five hundred teens (and sponsors) showing their love for Christ. Yet when our youth group worships on Sunday morning during service, they want to clap but are discouraged by out older members.Now I know you are asking "where is the leading?" I will tell you. A couple of weeks ago, our church hosted an area wide singing. There are several groups that come in to perform for about an hour. This is followed up with congregational singing. One of the groups that come to sing is from the black church in Wichita Falls. Let me say that that is worship and praise from not only the heart but the soul. I love how they let the Spirit move them. Anyway, one of the gentlemen from their group led us in a couple of songs. When he did "Just a little talk with Jesus", a friend of mine and I were clapping along with the beat. One of our members turned around and glared at us as if to say "you should not be doing that in the house of the Lord." At first this made me feel like I had done something wrong. Then I thought of the youth group and decided I wanted to show my praise for the wonder God that watches over me, that encourages me, that LOVES me. What happened --- I clapped even louder. God had provided an evening of great singing. God had provided me with the ability to hear this music. God had made it possible for me to be there. I wanted to praise my God --- and I did.

1 comment:

Chris Robey said...

You actually posted! Not that I am one to talk but I thought you didn't use the blog anymore.

Clap away, girl.........