Monday, June 26, 2006

at long last ---- a random thought

I started my blog months ago and then got busy or more to the point, I thought I did not have anything to say. In those months, I have been reading the blogs of friends. Today, I have decided to update mine.

This past week, I went to Camp Zenith, a Christian High schoool camp at Oklahoma Christian. I spent time with a number of people whose blogs I read at least weekly. It was a great experience being with them. And what wonderful friends they are. I love each and everyone of them.

The thought that has cross my mind is reflection. As I talked with a couple of these friends, I had time to reflect on my life, (past, present and the future) but especially my walk with God. I feel I have a strong walk but there are times that I feel that it is not as strong as others. Even as this feeling was trying to settle in (which was Satan at work) God was working also. I was told by a couple of friends during the week that they admired me because I had given up a week of vacation to spend time with our youth from church. Did I really sacrifice anything? Some would say yes for our time is valuable, limited and should be spend in the search of things that we want to do. Those people would not understand that that was what I did. I spent time with the one man in my life that has uplifted my heart. I spent time in service to a wonderful group of kids. I spent time learning about my Lord and reflecting upon my life with my Lord.

Reflection of the past has helped to pave a path for the future. Reflection has ultimately helped me support a friend about a blog she wrote on sex and an emotional affair. Her comment that she did not know of a Christian who had not faced a sexual temptation made a point. I will say that I have been faced with sexual temptation. Details may be forthcoming when God and I have finished working on the situation for this is a very prayerful issue for me.

Reflection keeps coming to mind as I pray and think about where I am and where I am going and more importantly where I need to be. Reflection (at least for me) is one way I use to find my direction. The conclusion at this time, is that I can see how I have grown as a Crhistian and a servant. That may not help to solve any of my problems or struggles but it gives me the encouragement needed to move ahead. To create a path way to the goals I have set for myself.

Coming soon the camp experience.

4 comments:

angi said...

So glad you're blogging, Liz. I enjoyed getting to know you so much last week. I look forward to reading your thoughts and praying for your sruggles.

Niki said...

I loved seeing you at camp again this year. I didn't realize you had a blog - did you tell me that??

Looking forward to hearing your point of view of the camp experience.

Blessings friend!

Natalie Brooke said...

Hey girl!
Looking forward to reading your blog.

To answer your question, you have to go under change settings and templates. It's kind of hard for me to explain in a comment. Email me and I'll call you.

Been thinking and praying about your group! Love you!

Natalie Brooke said...

oh..haha...sorry! um...I don't want to give my info on the web, so when Chris gets back, he has my number...call me! How is that? Otherwise, niki and angi both have my email.

If neither one of these works out...let me know

Didn't think about that! Talk to you soon