Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Returning to the blogging world today....

It has been a long time since I have blogged. Today I thought I would do some catching up.

My work situation has not inproved. I am still looking of a job that will take me from the "PRISON" that is currently my job. I have applied for at least ten jobs still my last post. Nothing not even an interview. But I am not going to dwell on that today. I have made the decision to return to school in the fall to start work on my masters. So I have been busy studying for the GRE.( a test that has to be taken before entrance into grad school is granted) I took this test on Monday and now I am waiting for the results. Please keeping praying that I receive the scores needed to take the next step toward my dreams.

God as been telling me for some time --- to take the step of faith and trust Him. He will provide. He will take care of me. As most humans, I perhaps resisted or maybe simply put off taking His word for awhile. But I cannot escape the future anylonger. I plan to start school in August and since the bank will not allow me to pursue my education (i am not male and am not taking courses in business or finance --- so thereforth no educational support), I will be leaving the first of August. I ask for prayers that I find the financing to aid in this step of faith.

I have been putting things into perspective. I need to take charge of my life. No one is going to do that for me (even if there was someone in my life). Taking charge means having a life outside of work where I can go to school, perhaps find that special someone, but mostly to serve a wonderful GOD that has helped me every step of the way. I feel I have wasted 25 years of my life in a job that I hate, a job that offers nothing to me but a paycheck. It is scary that at this point of my life, I may not be able to recover from the damage and lost this job has done to me.

In researching olympic heros for a devotional for a women retreat, I have read more stories of people having the courage to follow their dreams and make then a reality. I feel God wants me to get my masters so I can teach college english. It is through the courage, love and support I get from Him that I will take the journey and make this dream come true.

No comments: